Whether you have prior experience or are new to health care, HCA roles are a fantastic opportunity to join our welcoming and helpful Trust as a highly valued team member providing safe and effective care to our patients, and provides an opportunity for you to develop within the workplace.
Our Healthcare Assistants (HCAs) provide some of the most personal and fundamental support to our patients so if you are kind, compassionate and you always act in the best interests of others, then we want to hear from you.
About the role
As a Healthcare Assistant, you would work alongside nurses, midwives and other healthcare professionals to provide a positive experience to our patients and their relatives at times of need. You would support patients in various ways such as:
- Supporting patients with washing and dressing
- Toileting including concise documentation of bowel and urinary outputs
- Maintaining clean and tidy bed areas including making of beds
- Serving patients meals/assisting patients at mealtimes including documentation of nutrition & hydration intake
- Supporting patients to mobilise safely, following documented risk assessments and plans of care
- Assisting with patients’ overall comfort and supporting them during their hospital stay
- Monitoring patients’ conditions by taking temperatures, pulse, respirations and weight – national early warning scores (NEWS) and utilising digital solutions to record and escalate this information
- Providing encouragement to lifestyle and behaviour changes
- Supporting patients and families during their stay in hospital and to prepare for discharge
- Developing skills required in specific specialities and to support patients with complex needs.
We believe that the best care to our patients and community is provided by a professional and motivated team, so we invest heavily in training and education. There will also be lots of opportunities to support your development and improve your skills.
Benefits of working at DBTH
At DBTH, We Care about your health and wellbeing as a valued member of the Team. We want you to stay fit and well, happy at work, as we know this enables you to provide excellent care to our patients. As such, we have a range of support to help you maintain and improve your health and wellbeing. Check our our brochure below to see what’s on offer.
Working at DBTH also comes with exclusive access to discounts on a range of products and services. Click here to find out more.
How to apply:
As a Trust, we have numerous Healthcare Assistant roles coming up soon and these range from Apprentice Healthcare Assistants – which are great opportunities for those with no previous experience, to Trained Healthcare Assistants, which will be open to applications from those who have previously worked in healthcare – whether that be in a hospital or out in the community.
Keep an eye on our Join the Team page to apply.
Content out of date? Information wrong or not clear enough? Report this page.