Department and site: Infection Prevention and Control at DRI
Salary: £24,214 to £30,112
Please note: This post is a six month contract for maternity cover.
Infection prevention is a very challenging and an ever changing component of healthcare. An exciting opportunity has arisen within the Infection Prevention & Control Team and we are looking for an enthusiastic and motivated person to join our busy, friendly and supportive team. No experience required although an interest in IPC as a link practitioner or previous audit and surveillance work advantageous.
This is a key post in the continued success of our infection prevention and control program and the sustained reduction in our HCAIs. You will work closely with a dedicated team to provide support to the IPCPs on various aspects of Infection Prevention & Control. Your main duties will include audit and surveillance of blood stream infections (BSIs), catheter associated urinary tract infections (CAUTIs), surgical site infections (SSIs) and other areas including hand hygiene.You will be required to have excellent interpersonal skills to ensure high quality infection prevention and control is embedded in practice.
- Be a first level registered nurse
- Be able to demonstrate a knowledge of infection prevention and control practices.
- Be able to demonstrate an ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Be motivated and dedicated to improving clinical practice
- Be committed to personal and staff development
- Have excellent communication, Organisational and teaching skills
- Be enthusiastic, motivated and forward thinking
If you feel you possess the appropriate skills and have relevant experience then we want to hear from you.
For further details, or to arrange an informal visit, please contact Carol Scholey, Lead Nurse Infection Prevention & Control
Tel. 01302 644489 or email email@example.com
Interview Date; week commencing 27th May 2019