- Salary: Apprenticeship (£8,408 Pro Rate Per Annum)
- Contract: Fixed-term 21 months
- Hours: Full-time – 37.5 hours per week
- Site: Doncaster Royal Infirmary
- Closing date: 5 December
- Apply here
Do you want to learn new skills and knowledge in the workplace whilst achieving a nationally recognised apprenticeship qualification?
If the answer is YES then this could be the perfect opportunity for you begin a career within the NHS and the opportunities to develop and progress within DBTH.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and motivated individual, who is interested in a business admin and clerical role within HR Systems Team.
Main duties of the job
The role will include a mixture of administration duties working within the department assisting with record keeping (paper and electronic), running reports from HR systems; data manipulation into MS Excel; communication with people on the telephone, over MS teams and in person, use of photocopier, PC, telephone, and filing systems.
There will be expectance to be flexible in their approach to the work requirements
Working for our organisation
Doncaster and Bassetlaw Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust (DBTH) is one of Yorkshire’s leading acute trusts, serving a population of more than 420,000 across South Yorkshire, North Nottinghamshire and the surrounding areas.
Hosting three main hospital sites and a number of additional services, the Trust is one of only five Teaching Hospitals in Yorkshire and trains 25% of all medical students in the region in addition to 30% of all other healthcare professional students. Employing over 6,500 people, every member of staff contributes to patient care, and has a personal stake in our future successes and achievements.
As we operate a number of sites, you will gain a sense of a large and expansive organisation; however it is very important that our Trust has a great sense of community and identity, with an accessible leadership team and a great sense that each and every member of the team can make the difference.
Detailed job description and main responsibilities
- Demonstrate the Trust’s agreed behaviours and values within the team
- Establish and maintain effective relationships with colleagues and other departments
- Ensure that processes are carried out in accordance with documented procedures, protocols and schedules and deadlines
- Provide general clerical and administrative support across a range of duties
- Safe use of office equipment e.g., photocopier, scanner
- Resolve routine queries and enquiries from employees and managers
- Undertake data input on a range of IT systems
- Electronic diary management and arranging venues
- Assist colleagues in preparation for meetings and training
- Assist with the preparation of setting up training facilities, setting out rooms, equipment and materials as required
- Answer telephone enquiries, recording accurate messages accordingly
- Help maintain effective and efficient office systems and processes
- Maintain confidentiality in all aspects of work
- Throughout the training period the post holder will be expected to complete all educational and training modules as required
- Undertake any other reasonable general/clerical duties commensurate with this role
- GCSE English and Maths A* – C or equivalent
- Willingness to complete the level 3 Business Administration Apprenticeship within the 18 months allocated to this post
- Completed level 2 NVQ business Admin or equivalent Computer literate using Microsoft applications especially Excel
- Ability to extract data from Electronic Systems
- Ability to work under pressure whilst maintaining good attention to detail
- Be able to keep accurate records of all activities for Audit purpose
- Experience in the use of MS software and other IT systems
- Experience of working in a customer centred environment
- Ability to develop effective working relationships
- Must have a strong customer service focus and good communication skills to liaise with a wide variety of user departments across the organisations
- Enthusiastic and self-motivated
- Must be able to work within a team
- To be able to demonstrate on the job problem solving