- Grade: £19,737 – £21,142 Pro Rata Per Annum
- Hours: Full-time
- Site: Doncaster Royal Infirmary
- Closing date: 1 March 2021
- Apply for this position here.
An opportunity has arisen for an enthusiastic individual to join our Inventory Management Team within our procurement department at Doncaster and Bassetlaw Teaching Hospitals.
We are looking for an individual with previous Inventory management experience with either a qualification in purchasing and supplies or would work towards completing the appropriate course.
Main duties of the job
The Inventory Management Assistant must be able to undertake the following main duties:
To be able to communicate across all levels including engaging with clinical staff within the trust. Be able to communicate with outside organisations for example suppliers.
Problem solving mind set to overcome inventory and/ all fulfilment challenges.
Must be able to manoeuvre heavy metal roll cages ensuring that patients, staff and you are not compromised.
Must have experience with basic computer skills and be able to adapt to using the systems that we use to manage consumable stock.
Must be able to utilize devices to input goods into the inventory management system, and ideal candidates will have familiarity using this tool to identify items and stock quantities.
Working for our organisation
As a key department within the trust, procurement are responsible for providing value for money whilst maintaining quality on products and services.
Inventory Management manage and replenish products for wards and departments across all three sites.
We are a close knit working team that support each other when needed, this vacancy would suit an enthusiastic individual who would like to be part of this team.
Detailed job description and main responsibilities
The main duties are:
Maintaining catalogues through the stock management system.
Unloading and loading goods on to areas.
Building relationships with in the trust.
Liaise with colleagues within procurement.
As a member of the team you will be required to support your line manager to ensure that the needs of our service users are met.
Full details of main duties and responsibilities can be found within the attached job description and person specification.
- Procurement Experience
- Ordering systems such as Genesis, SBS Oracle and NHSSC systems
- Experience of setting order levels
- Experience of inventory management on wards and departments
- GCSE grade C or above in Maths and English
- Prepared to undertake training
- Good keyboard Skills
- Computer literate using Microsoft applications
- NVQ 3 (or working towards) or Chartered Institute of Purchasing & Supply (CIPS) Foundation Stage or equivalent experience
- Ability to develop effective working relationships
- Good interpersonal skills-ability to converse, negotiate and convince on the basis of clear understanding and sound logic
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to report on non-compliance
- Ability to liaise with Suppliers and negotiate delivery dates etc.
- Uses persuasion to encourage wards or department staff to maximise cost effectiveness where possible.
- Ability to develop creative solutions
- Ability to deal with a range of priorities and plan accordingly
- Demonstrate the capability to carry out routine daily Inventory Management activities including replenishment of stock, with the flexibility to move between all sites of DBH.
- Industrious and versatile