- Grade: Band Three – £19,737 to £21,142 per annum
- Contract: Fixed-term for 27 month training period leading to a permanent role
- Hours: Full-time 37.5 hours per week
- Site: All sites
- Closing date: 27 July
- Apply for this position here
Positions available in:
- S10 – one vacancy – Surgical Division
- S11 – one vacancy – Surgical Division
- W24 – three vacancies – Medicine
- C1 BDGH – two vacancies – Medicine
- Dermatology OPD – two vacancies – Medicine
- Chatsfield Suite – two vacancies – Medicine
The Nursing Associate has been developed to sit alongside existing registered nurses and nursing care support workers, in both health and social care. The Nursing Associate role offers opportunities for health care workers to progress into nursing roles. This exciting role can provide a real benefit to the nursing and care workforce across a range of settings and play a key role in the delivery of patient care with safety at its heart.
This exciting opportunity is being offered as part of a partnership with other regional health care organisations and will enable you to be part of a 27 mopnth work based learning programme, delivered in conjunction with The University of Sheffield to achieve a Foundation Degree and become a qualified Nursing Associate. The 27 month Higher Apprenticeship programme will include placements in hospital, near to home and home settings these may be outside the organisation. Successful candidates will be expected to travel to placements throughout the programme and attend academic sessions delivered virtually and in the University classroom.
We are seeking individuals with experience of working within health care delivery. If you have a compassionate and caring attitude and are motivated, enthusiastic and interested in developing your career within the health service then this may be the course for you. This is a training role, potentially leading to a Nursing Associate position, on successful completion of the programme.
In order to meet the academic requirements of the course the entry criteria for the posts are:
- Previous experience of working in a health and social care setting
- Care Certificate or evidence of experience in care
- Experience of providing care
- English and maths at GCSE A- C (4-9) or Functional skills Maths and English at level 2 ( certificates must be provided at interview) or you will not be interviewed
- Up to date mandatory training and PDR.
Successful candidates must attend a virtual orientation day via Microsoft teams on 29 September 2020 9am to 12pm prior to commencement of the course. In addition you must be available to attend the pre-induction day at the University of Sheffield on the 16/10/20. You will need to be able to start the programme on Monday 26/10/20.
Please note: Some of your Annual leave may be fixed around your plan of study and remaining annual leave to be taken as per local procedure.
- 1st Academic assessments via Microsoft teams: 17 August 2020
- 2nd Assessment via Microsoft Teams: 21 August 2020