View pictures from the evening here.
Everyone – from doctors and nurses, to volunteers, office workers and support staff – was honoured at the event, which was hosted by Look North’s Harry Gration for the third year running. The categories recognised staff members from DBTH for their contributions in patient care, leadership, compassion and new ideas.
The event is the Trust’s way of saying ‘thank you’ to those hard working individuals and teams that go the extra mile each and every day.
The winners on the night were:
- Leader of the Year: Pauline Foulstone
- Unsung Hero of the Year: Donna Farmer
- Teaching Hospital Award (Research): Su McIlwaine
- Teaching Hospital Award (Education): Aimi Dillon
- Rising Star Award: Richard Fenton
- Star of the Year: Curtis Gracey
- Leading Improvement Award: Dr Subedi
- Caring and Compassionate Star: Denise Cowling
- Volunteer of the Year: Butterfly Volunteers
- Collaboration and Partnership Award: 100 Day Challenge Project Team
- Team of the Year (Medical and Clinical): Ward B6
- Team of the Year (Clinical support and corporate staff): IT Development Team
- Chair’s Award: 100 Day Challenge Project Team
Suzy Brain England OBE, Chair of the Board at DBTH, said: “These awards are one of our most important events of the year. We know that our staff make some outstanding contributions to healthcare every day and this is our opportunity to get together and celebrate these achievements so they know their efforts have not gone unnoticed.
“Each time I attend the ceremony I am inspired by the remarkable stories of how members of Team DBTH have gone that extra mile to show they care about our patients, about their colleagues and about the people of Doncaster and Bassetlaw.
“I want to congratulate all of our winners and nominees. While there could only be a handful of victors tonight, there were no losers because when we achieve as individuals, teams and as an organisation, our patients truly win. Well done Team DBTH!”
The event is sponsored by various companies and organisations who generously offer their support every year to help celebrate the local heroes of healthcare. These include:
- NHS Professionals
- Genesis Inventory Management
- Pulse Outdoor Media
- Sheffield Hallam University
- University of Sheffield
- Doncaster College
- Nervecentre Software LTD
- Healthwatch Doncaster
- Holt Medical
- Fred Shaw and Co LTD
- Lakeside Village
DBTH Stars is the Trust’s Staff Awards and Recognition Scheme. Any member of staff or patient who has received care at the Trust can nominate someone who they think deserves recognition.