- Grade: Apprenticeship
- Hours: Full-time 37.5 hours
- Contract: Fixed-term 21 months
- Site: Bassetlaw Hospital
- Closing date: 7 July 2021
- Apply for this position here.
The training provider is Doncaster College; the successful candidate will be required to complete assignments as part of a college course, meeting deadlines set by the college for submission.
The Facilities Department is an extremely busy environment providing services 7 days a week but as an Apprentice the hours will be worked Monday – Friday
Full training for the role will be part of your induction to the service along with the Level 3 Business and Admin apprenticeship and will include study time.
You will be required to display tact and diplomacy where appropriate, demonstrate a flexible approach to working within a team environment along with the ability to work under pressure. Excellent communication skills are essential when dealing with senior staff, colleagues, patients and the general public.
Working for our organisation
We believe that the best care to our patients and community is provided by a professional and motivated team, so we invest heavily in training and education. There will also be lots of opportunities to support your development and improve your skills.
At Doncaster & Bassetlaw Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust you’ll be rewarded by a team that’s proud to support its staff in all aspects of their lives. If you are up to the challenge, submit an application to become part of team DBTH.
It is our goal to give those who join Team DBTH the tools and opportunities in order to grow their career, so whether you spend just one year or fifty with us, it’s our pledge to help you Develop, Belong and Thrive, Here.
Detailed job description and main responsibilities
- Demonstrate the Trust’s agreed behaviours and values within the team.
- Establish and maintain effective relationships with colleagues and other departments.
- Ensure that processes are carried out in accordance with documented procedures, protocols and schedules and deadlines.
- Provide general clerical and administrative support across a range of duties.
- Safe use of office equipment e.g. photocopier, scanner, fax machine.
- Resolve routine queries and enquiries from employees and managers.
- Undertake data input on a range of IT systems.
- Electronic diary management and arranging venues.
- Assist colleagues in preparations for meetings and training.
- Answer telephone enquiries, recording accurate messages accordingly.
- Help maintain effective and efficient office systems.
- Maintain confidentiality in all aspects of work
- Assist with the preparation of set up training facilities, setting out rooms, equipment and materials as required.
- To provide appropriate reception duties for the department.
- Throughout the training period the post holder will be expected to complete all educational and training as required.
- Undertake any other reasonable general/clerical duties commensurate with this role
- Maths & English GCSE A*-D or 9-4 or equivalent
- Excellent Keyboard Skills
- Experience using computer software packages
- Work experience: paid, unpaid, voluntary, school work experience placement
- Understanding of Data Protection and confidentiality issues
- Advanced keyboard skills
- Speaks confidently, conveying clear messages to a wide range of people
- Ability to follow both verbal and written instructions
- Team working – demonstrate clear commitment to the team
- Determined and confident
- Demonstrate positive attitudes and behaviours, dealing with people, problems and situations with honesty and integrity, respecting diversity
- Commitment to undertake and complete learning activities, which form part of the role and apprenticeship qualification
- Self-motivated with ability to deliver work within agreed timescales
- Able to work independently, prioritising workload effectively
- Ability to work flexibly and adapt to new demands