- Grade: £18,005 – £19,337 Pro Rata Per Annum
- Hours: Part time: 18.75 hours per week
- Site: Doncaster Royal Infirmary
- Closing date: 17 January
- Apply for this position here.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and motivated Pharmacy Assistant to join our Logistics Team. The post will be mainly based at our busy Pharmacy Department at Doncaster Royal Infirmary but there also may be a requirement to work across at Bassetlaw Hospital Pharmacy as well. Both departments are fully automated.
Candidates need to have GCSE qualifications in Science, English and Maths at Grade C or above and certificates must be provided at interview. Pharmacy experience is desirable for this post but this is not essential as full training would be given.
Applications from candidates who have the BTEC Level 2 / NVQ Level 2 Pharmaceutical Science qualification or equivalent are also eligible to apply for this post.
You will be involved in:-
- The supply of stock medicines to the wards and departments at Doncaster Royal Infirmary, Bassetlaw Hospital and Montagu Hospital;
- Topping up of stock medicines at ward / department level;
- The delivery of medicines to wards;
- To release orders from the automated Pharmacy robot and to assist in the loading of the robot;
- Storekeeping duties: including receiving goods from the Pharmaceutical wholesalers and suppliers, performing checks and entering them onto the Pharmacy computer system ready for use;
- Potential for rotational work at Bassetlaw Hospital Pharmacy;
- Participation in a Bank Holiday rota;
- Supplying medicines to the Outpatient Dispensary.
The Necessary Requirements
- GCSE Maths, English and Science grade A-C or equivalent (certificates of which must be provided at interview).
- Basic keyboard skills.
The post involves manual handling and the use of a pallet truck so you will need to be physically fit.