To allow colleagues a supportive space in which to take a time-out, away from the day job, to reflect and come together with peers.
Below is some of the ‘why’ we are #proud2bOps:
- Time-out to develop as an operational leader
- Professional identity of role – define together the senior operational ‘kite mark’
- Lack of support and engagement at this operational level
- Buddy/Mentor support
- To share case studies, ideas generation and thinking together
- To feel energised, passion and hope in the role
- To be challenged by each other in a safe environment
- To break the loneliness felt in the role
- To obtain a greater understanding of the wider operational footprint
- To celebrate successes and support recognition
- Have Fun – share the ridiculous (this is very important)
- To increase confidence
- Giving ourselves permission to develop
- Mitigate duplication, reduce waste and be more efficient
- To influence system thinking and local area development through co-creation of policies and guidance – partnerships with local and national teams
- To provide a forum of operational leaders that can act as a national consultative body
- Modelling leadership
- To strengthen the attractiveness of senior operational roles – to demonstrate we are ‘Proud to be in Operational Roles’ and share how rewarding it can be!
Content out of date? Information wrong or not clear enough? Report this page.