If you are having difficulties reading the text on this or any other website, then your browser will have a number of in-built tools that can help.
Zooming in/ Text Magnification
Most web browsers offer the functionality to zoom in-and-out of a web page, although the way in which you do this can differ depending on your device.
- On a Windows browser: You can zoom into a webpage by simultaneously pressing the CTRL and + keys. To zoom out, press the CTRL and – keys.
- On a macOS browser: If you are using Safari, then you will need to use the Command and + keys to zoom in, or the Command and – keys to zoom out.
- Android or IOS: You should be able to use your touch screen by pinching the screen and moving your figures together or apart.
|Browser||Zooming In||Zooming Out|
|Windows||CTRL and +||CTRL and –|
|macOS||Command and +||Command and –|
|Android or IOS||Pinch screen and move fingers together||Pinch screen and move fingers apart|
Navigating Without a Mouse
You can navigate our website without having to rely on a mouse. Here are the essential commands you can use:
- To scroll line by line through the content on the page, you can use the UP and DOWN arrow keys.
- To scroll greater amounts, you can use PAGE UP/PAGE DOWN keys. You can also use the HOME/END keys to scroll to the top or bottom of the page respectively.
- To cycle through the menu contents of the website, you can press the TAB key. Once you have landed on the item you want to select, press ENTER
- Using the keyboard you can also switch between the address bar and the content on the page by pressing F6.
High Contrast Mode
Both Windows and macOS offer a high contrast mode that inverts the colours to make content easier to read. To activate this, follow the instructions below:
- On a Windows PC: You can enable or disable high contrast mode with the keyboard shortcut – Left Alt + Left Shift + Print Screen/PRTSCR
- On a macOS: First select ‘’Apple’’, then go into ‘’System Preferences’’, followed by ‘’Universal Access’’. Then select the “Seeing” pane, at which point you will have the option to reverse the colours to “white on black”.
More Accessibility Options
If you have any queries or issues relating to the accessibility of this website, please contact the Communications and Engagement team by emailing email@example.com or calling 01302 644244.
Content out of date? Information wrong or not clear enough? Report this page.