Text message appointment reminders
You may have recently received a text message which looks like the following – don’t worry it is not a scam and it is from a trusted source within the hospital and is likely to contain important information for the Trust about an upcoming appointment or similar. For peace of mind, links contained should only be from https://nhs.my and https://www.dbth.nhs.uk and the message will come from the number 078 6003 9092
Make sure you enter the correct patient details
We are aware that sometimes patients will give the number of their partner, or instead a parent will provide a number for themselves in relation to the care of their child. If you receive correspondence, once you click the link provided, make sure you provide the correct patient name.
Changing or cancelling your appointments
Once logged in, you should see a list of all your upcoming appointments. Selecting an appointment to view will give you a few options:
- if you’re happy with the appointment, you can add this to your phone calendar
- if you need to amend the time or date of the appointment, you can select ‘change appointment’
- if you wish to completely cancel the appointment, you can select ‘cancel appointment’
- if you think the appointment has been added in error or is meant for someone else, you can select ‘I don’t recognise this appointment’
Viewing more information about your appointment
Selecting the Wayfinder (location) tab on the appointment screen will show you where your appointment will be and how you can get there. Selecting the clinic information tab will display important information about your appointment, such as if you need to bring anything with you or do anything to prepare beforehand.
Rescheduling your appointment
The rescheduling page should allow you to select from a list of available appointments (please note that this feature might not yet be available for some clinics – if this is the case this page will direct you to the appropriate booking office). Selecting a new appointment will prompt a confirmation page where you can double check the details and confirm that you would like to move your appointment.
Any questions or need to update your details?
You can update your details by calling or emailing us. Alternatively, speak with the receptionist when you next visit the hospital. Call 01302 642500 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
What do I need to know to get started?
To access the DrDoctor secure patient portal we need your correct details on our system. Please check with our receptionists by calling or emailing us, or on your next visit to the hospital, including:
- Full name
- Date of Birth
- Mobile phone number
Why are we using digital letters?
We are introducing digital letters to allow us to:
- Let you view you letters quickly and easily
- Reduce confusion from lost letters or letters arriving in the wrong order
- Save the NHS money by reducing the amount of paper and stamps we are using
- Reduce our environmental impact
Content out of date? Information wrong or not clear enough? Report this page.