Doncaster Royal Infirmary (DRI) is a large acute hospital with over 500 beds, a 24-hour Emergency Department, and trauma unit status, all of which is serviced by its own in-house Facilities function. Included within our Facilities function is our linen distribution centre.
The role of Service Assistant (Linen Distribution) plays a key part of our patient experience and the team are responsible for the packing, distribution and re-collection of 3 million pieces of linen each year.
To be considered for this role, candidates must be physically fit and own a full, clean UK driving licence.
Main duties of the job
- Receive clean linen from contractor and store in Linen Store.
- Pack clean linen on trolleys and/or skips for each ward and department.
- Record clean linen packed out for wards and departments.
- Assist in the monitoring of quantity and quality of linen received and delivered.
- Deliver clean linen to wards and departments as per schedule. Drive laundry vehicle and electric tug as and when required in line with all laws and Highway Code Regulations.
- Undertake daily inspection of laundry vehicle. Decontamination of laundry vehicle in line with HTM 01-04 guidance.
- Carry out deep cleaning tasks (excluding HPV disinfecting).
Core working hours
37.5 Hours, Monday – Friday, 07:30 – 15:30 including bank holidays
Enhancements for bank holidays are offered as a part of this role.
To be successful, candidates need to be able to demonstrate that they;
- Are able to communicate verbally with others clearly & courteously.
- Are polite, reliable and responsible.
- Are able to understand how to maintain good working relationships.
- Have experience of working well in a team.
- Have the ability to comply with standard operating procedures and organisational policies
- Be prepared to undertake training and development