- Grade: Band 4 (£25,147, rising to £27,596 after three years experience)
- Hours: Full-time 37.5 hours (Fixed-term contract for 12 months)
- Site: Civic Office, Doncaster
- Closing date:10/12/2023 23:59
- Apply for this position here.
Join us in the exciting role of Admin Team Leader, a key part of the Digital Admin Team which is highly valued and regarded by the Senior Leadership within Digital Transformation. You will be overseeing seamless administrative and clerical functions while supporting the Digital Transformation Administration Manager. This pivotal role involves day-to-day management of a dynamic team, efficiently handling workloads, urgent matters, and embracing hybrid work flexibility. You’ll play a crucial part in implementing Trust policies, providing expert guidance to the Senior Leadership Team and fostering a motivated administrative team.
Your exceptional organisational skills, effective communication, and Microsoft Office proficiency are essential. Your commitment to confidentiality is paramount. This opportunity allows you to demonstrate multitasking abilities, leadership skills, and diverse administrative expertise in a supportive work environment.
Main duties of the job
Manage and arrange operational responsibilities while supporting the Digital Transformation Administration Manager in delivering comprehensive and effective administrative and clerical assistance. Collaborate within the Digital Transformation Admin Team, overseeing the duties of Admin Support Officers and Apprentices as part of your role.
Working for our organisation
Doncaster & Bassetlaw NHS FT is one of Yorkshire’s Leading acute trusts, serving a population of more than 420,000 across South Yorkshire, North Nottinghamshire, and the surrounding areas. Our services are based over three main hospital sites employing over 6,000 colleagues.
It is our goal to give those who join Team DBTH the tools and opportunities to grow their career, so whether you spend just one year or fifty with us, it’s our pledge to help you Develop, Belong and Thrive, Here.
As an organisation that supports flexible working, we want to be sure that you can work in a way that is best for us and for our patients, and for you. Speak to us about how we might be able to support a flexible working arrangement. If it works for the service, we will do our best to make it work for you.
As an equal opportunities employer, we encourage applicants from all sectors of the community, particularly from under-represented groups including those with disabilities, members of our ethnic minorities and LGBTQ+ communities.
We offer a range of benefits including:
• Extensive range of learning opportunities
• NHS Pension Scheme
• Generous holiday entitlement commencing at 27 days holiday per year plus bank holidays (pro rata).
• Comprehensive health and wellbeing support
• NHS Car Lease schemes and a range of salary sacrifice scheme
• Discounts on restaurants, getaways, shopping and finance through external providers.
Detailed job description and main responsibilities
Please see attached to the advert a job description and person specification for further details. Please ensure you read both documents carefully.
Please note, if your application is successful you will be required to present original certificates of qualifications that are listed in the person specification under essential.
- Significant administrative/ secretarial experience including initiating and maintaining office systems, policies and procedures.
- Experience of providing team PA services
- Demonstrable experience in dealing with sensitive and confidential information
- Intermediate knowledge of IT systems and software programmes such as Office 365
- Experience of managing a busy diary, on behalf of several senior staff, with conflicting priorities using Microsoft Outlook to its full capacity.
- Experience of the recruitment processes
- Experience of ordering supplies and managing stock levels.
- Experience in taking, transcribing and typing up minutes.
- Ability to demonstrate a range of intermediate problem solving skills
- Ability to make decisions relating to routine tasks and new tasks without seeking approval from managers.
- Previous line management experience.
- Successfully completed a minute taking skills course
- English and Maths GCSE or equivalent qualification.
- Educated to diploma level in Business Administration equivalent level of qualification or significant equivalent previous proven experience.
- Experience of Problem solving ability
- ECDL or equivalent experience
- Clear communicator with excellent writing, data entry and presentation skills
- Able to handle constant interruptions and changing priorities to team workload and own workload.
- Ability to engage effectively with staff at all levels across the health and social care community and other partners
- =Emotional maturity and skills to manage stress
- Ability to prioritise and coordinate work for team members working to strict deadlines.
- Exceptional demonstrable organisational skills, systematic and able to manage own time efficiently
- Ability to work under pressure in a busy working environment and able to multi-task
Join the team
Interested in joining the organisation? Find out more about the Trust and our history here, and click the links to the right to see staff benefits and why you should choose Doncaster and Bassetlaw Teaching Hospitals. Also remember to check out our DBTH Job of the Week on the News section of this site.
If you are thinking about a career in the NHS after your studies, or fancy a career change, you can also find out more about apprenticeships and work experience at the Trust.
Doncaster and Bassetlaw Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust (DBTH) is one of Yorkshire’s leading acute trusts, serving a population of more than 420,000 across South Yorkshire, North Nottinghamshire and the surrounding areas.
Hosting three main hospital sites and a number of additional services, the Trust is one of only five Teaching Hospitals in Yorkshire and trains 25% of all medical students in the region in addition to 30% of all other healthcare professional students. Employing over 6,500 people, every member of staff contributes to patient care, and has a personal stake in our future successes and achievements.
As we operate a number of sites, you will gain a sense of a large and expansive organisation; however it is very important that our Trust has a great sense of community and identity, with an accessible leadership team and a great sense that each and every member of the team can make the difference.
We are proud that many of those in senior positions within the Trust began their careers here, and we have a large number of long serving team members, with one member of staff recently retiring after 60 years of service, having spent their entire career at the Trust.
It is our goal to give those who join Team DBTH the tools and opportunities in order to grow their career, so whether you spend just one year or fifty with us, it’s our pledge to help you Develop, Belong and Thrive, Here.