- Grade: £38,890 – £44,503 Pro Rata Per Annum
- Hours: Full-time 37.5 hours
- Site: Doncaster Royal Infirmary
- Closing date: 11 May 2021
- Apply for this position here.
We are looking for a highly motivated and driven individual to join a rapidly expanding team that is undergoing significant investment both in terms of staff and business intelligence infrastructure.
You will be joining at an exciting time for the Department and will take the lead role in managing a range of Trust wide data recording and reporting projects, through the use of electronic systems. The projects will be varied and will include projects to demonstrate Trust income, drive performance improvements, create efficiencies and cost savings and always at the heart of what we do is support the delivery of high quality and safe care to patients.
You will contribute to the development of other team members. You will work across a wider team to share knowledge and ideas and work collaboratively on large projects.
Main duties of the job
We are looking for someone who has either experience of managing information related projects or has undertaken a Senior Information Analyst role and has the potential to develop the full skillset within a 6-12 month period.
You will be responsible for leading and managing a small team and for project managing Trust wide electronic data collection, recording and reporting projects. These projects can be diverse covering projects which support the delivery of high quality and safe care to patients, driving improvements in performance, support efficiencies and cost savings and Trust income.
You will ideally have a background within the NHS, have had some experiencing in leading or taking a significant role in a project, You will be educated to degree level or demonstrate equivalent experience. Logical thinker with analytical skills as well as excellent communication skills.
Working for our organisation
The Information Department is undergoing a major investment and expansion with an additional 12 new posts available for the right people to come and join our fantastic team.
The additional roles demonstrate a significant investment from the Trust and a recognition of the importance of the functions performed with the Information Department. The need for accurate, timely and high quality information along with detailed levels of business intelligence is critical for the Trust.
The Trust has also made a significant investment in a new Data Warehouse and Cloud technology which will be complemented by some new reporting toolsets to help deliver business intelligence and the strategic vision of the Trust.
Each role offers a unique opportunity to be part of our forward thinking and developing team as we help contribute to the Trusts overall ambition of being “the safest Trust in England, outstanding in all that we do”.
Detailed job description and main responsibilities
This is a varied role with the post holder undertaking a variety of roles to ensure we can baseline projects using data analysis skills, undertake options appraisals and can develop and implement new processes and solutions.
The postholder will be responsible for the full project life cycle. This will include developing the project plan and ensuring delivery against that plan and managing risks and issues in an appropriate way.
The post holder will work with users to develop specifications which can be shared with Developers, leading on testing solutions, produce documentation and training materials, deliver training and go live activities.
The post holder will put in place monitoring and auditing to assess compliance, develop electronic reports, undertake data analysis and trouble shoot.
For full details please read the job description and person specification
- Significant and proven experience of working within an NHS organisation, preferably an NHS Trust.
- Proven experience of working at either middle management or as a project manager within the fields of Information Management, Hospital Administration or within a Clinical Division.
- Experience of putting in place organisation wide successful data collection processes
- Experience of developing and implementing organisation wide processes for ensuring the complete and accurate capture of hospital data on computer systems
- Experience of managing project information systems
- Experience of self-audit and setting up processes within the project management framework to enable the regular auditing of the project and its deliverables.
- Experience of audit around improvements in data quality arising from newly implemented or improved data collection and reporting processes
- Awareness and detailed understanding of NHS Data including tariff guidance to apply to both standard and non standard complex situations.
- Good knowledge of the role and function of Trust Directorates and Divisions in particular in relation to Clinical Administration, Medical Records Management, Information Management and Clinical Divisions
- Proven ability to implement service developments across the Trust which impact on clinical and non-clinical specialities.
- First-hand experience of using Trust Patient Administration and Clinical systems
- Degree level in relevant professional area or equivalent experience
- Academic and practical project management knowledge gained through the successful completion of PRINCE Project Management – Foundation level and significant practical experience in managing a complex organisation wide project using these principles and skills effectively
- Intermediate knowledge of SQL (Structured Query Language)
- Intermediate to advanced data analytical skills
- PRINCE Project Management –Practitioner level
- Ability to assimilate and disseminate complex and often contentious information quickly, accurately and in a way the recipient can easily understand throughout all levels of the organisation
- Competent at open and consultative management style to ensure staff engagement
- Strong ability to motivate and influence others to support the projects and to make strong linkages with other initiatives and business drivers
- Strong capability to successfully co-ordinate and manage complex projects on a day to day basis to ensure tasks are co-ordinated and successfully completed to plan.
- Proven ability in mapping processes and solutions within a given framework.
- Working to exceptionally tight deadlines in pressurised situations
- Digesting complex information quickly
- Complex problem solving skills including lateral thinking to develop new ideas and thinking which can be realised into workable solutions
- Skilled in complex data analysis and interpretation, reporting and presenting complex, sensitive and contentious information to Managers, Clinicians and other staff groups.
- Ability to understand implications on the project and business for potential slippages and ability to plan and implement contingency strategies
- Interprets national policy around Information related data collection and reporting