- Grade: £31,365 – £37,890 Pro Rata Per Annum
- Hours: Full-time 37.5 hours
- Site: Doncaster Royal Infirmary
- Closing date: 3 May 2021
- Apply for this position here.
We are looking for an experienced Senior Analyst or someone looking to take the next step in their career to join our busy and highly skilled Information Team.
A logical thinker who can work using your own initiative, you will also be a confident and excellent communicator who is able to translate data to wide variety of people. This will enable them to clearly understand what you are explaining to help make informed decisions.
Educated to degree level, or equivalent qualification in a relevant discipline plus a post graduate diploma or equivalent experience in a software or information development role. Data/Performance Analyst experience is essential with an excellent track record of being able to produce high quality analytics using a variety of tools and methodologies as required.
Working for our organisation
The Information Department is undergoing a major investment and expansion with an additional 12 new posts available for the right people to come and join our fantastic team.
The additional roles demonstrate a significant investment from the Trust and a recognition of the importance of the functions performed with the Information Department. The need for accurate, timely and high quality information along with detailed levels of business intelligence is critical for the Trust.
The Trust has also made a significant investment in a new Data Warehouse and Cloud technology which will be complemented by some new reporting toolsets to help deliver business intelligence and the strategic vision of the Trust.
Detailed job description and main responsibilities
- The post holder will deliver presentations and workshops to both large and small audiences.
- The post holder will act as an information expert. There will be a need to frequently convey contentious, sensitive and complex information in a non-threatening and user friendly way to Managers and Clinicians.
- At all times communicates effectively with the customer in interpreting complex and patient sensitive information thus ensuring the customer fully understands and overcomes any lack of understanding and is confident with the information, any limitations and key messages.
- The post holder will represent the Information Services Department and on occasions the Directorate and Trust at various regular and ad hoc meetings.
Full details of main duties and responsibilities can be found within the attached job description and person specification.
- Advanced knowledge and application of SQL (structured query language)
- Good understanding of key performance targets within the NHS and the challenges facing the organisation in achieving them
- Excellent understanding of the patient pathway, Trust data collection systems, in particular the PAS system
- Clear understanding of the concept of patient confidentiality
- Advanced numeracy skills and intermediate statistical techniques
- Strong and proven ability to interpret users’ requirements and demonstrate a range of examples putting together a total package of various different information elements to fulfill a specific reporting need
- Quickly and expertly identify and investigate inconsistencies in data
- Assimilate and disseminate information, which can often be highly complex, quickly and accurately
- Ability to demonstrate a range of complex problem solving skills, assessing all options before selecting the most appropriate solution
- First-hand experience of using patient administration and clinical systems
- Educated to degree level standard or equivalent ability gained through experience in a relevant discipline
- Significant working experience in an information related role/discipline with a proven track record and achievement in this field
- Evidence of excellence and expertise in current information role
- Willingness to maintain up to date skills, through continued professional development
- Recognised professional IM&T qualification or working towards
- Strong ability in interpreting a user’s requirements and advising them on what information would best suit their purpose
- Must have excellent communication skills both verbal and written, also have the ability to communicate at all levels including the delivery of complex ideas and solutions in an easily understood way including breaking down barriers to understanding.
- Confident to participate at meetings and lead for areas of expertise
- Ability to work flexibly within a team
- Ability to multi-task, working on several work packages simultaneously, catering for constant interruptions whilst meeting strict and competing deadlines
- Excellent time management and organisational skills
- Ability to initiate and manage an extensive and complex workload efficiently