- Grade: £8,092 Pro Rata Per Annum
- Contract: Fixed term 15 months
- Hours: Full time / Part time/ Secondment
- Site: Doncaster Royal Infirmary
- Closing date: 6 October
- Apply for this position here.
National Apprentice Rate Applies – (This may change to the National Living Wage or National Minimum wage in month 13 dependent on age)
Do you want to learn new skills and knowledge in the workplace whilst achieving a nationally recognised apprenticeship qualification?
If the answer is YES then this could be the perfect opportunity for you begin a career within the NHS and the opportunities to develop and progress within DBTH.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and motivated individual, who is interested in a business admin and clerical role within various departments.
The role will include a mixture of administration duties working within the department you are allocated in; assisting with record keeping (paper and electronic), communication with people on the telephone and in person, use of photocopier, PC, telephone, and filing systems.
There will be expectance to be flexible to work across sites.
Apprenticeship Programme Requirements:
• You are aged 16+
• Have lived within the EU/EEA for 3 or more years
• You must not be in any form of formal government funded education
• GCSE grades A-D (9 – 3) in English and Maths or equivalent
You will be employed on a 15 months fixed term contract employed as an apprentice working 37.5 hours per week.
As an employee we will help to support you in obtaining an approved apprenticeship standard or apprentice framework. We will be committed to ensuring that a structured plan is in place to support and enable you to take 20% of your working hours away from your general duties per week in order to complete the standards or framework.
The apprenticeship scheme is run in partnership with Doncaster College, delivered on site at The Doncaster & Bassetlaw Teaching Hospitals NHS Trust, to ensure that you are supported through a high quality training programme; you will be required to undertake an Intermediate Apprenticeship in Customer Service Level 2, this would include:
As an apprentice you will be supported with the following:
- Attendance at college/study sessions as required
- Work with an assessor/mentor to develop a work based portfolio
- Undertaking work based assessments
- Completing assignments/projects relating to their apprenticeship framework
- Presenting evidence portfolios for assessment within specific time frameworks