You will have noticed that across our patient services at DBTH, we are offering digital letters for outpatient letters and we have partnered with DrDoctor, a digital health company, to deliver this service.
Using this service, you will be able to view and download your appointment letters quicker and easier than before on your mobile phone, tablet or computer.
From Monday 1 August, if you view your digital letter we will no longer send you one in the post.
If you do not view your digital letter, then do not worry as a printed letter will be on its way to you via the post.
Why are we using digital letters?
- Let you view your letters quickly and easily
- Reduce confusion from lost letters or letters arriving in the wrong order
- Save the NHS money by reducing the amount of paper and stamps we are using
- Reduce our environmental impact
What do I need to know to get started?
To access the DrDoctor secure patient portal we need your correct details on our system. Please check with our receptionists by calling or emailing us, or on your next visit to the hospital, including:
- Full name
- Date of Birth
- Mobile Phone Number
If you don’t have a smartphone, you can also nominate a family member or carer, who would be able to receive the appointment letters on your behalf.
How to view your digital letter
- If we have your correct details we’ll send you a text message when you have a new digital letter to view online. We use the text number 07860039092.
- Click the firstname.lastname@example.org link in your text message to go to your secure patient portal
- Click ‘View letter’ and log in with your last name, date of birth and postcode
- View and download your new digital letter online as a PDF. Your letters will be stored her for future reference.
- You can login from any device by visiting drdoctor.thirdparty.nhs.uk/dbth. When using a different device, we will send a code to your mobile number for security.
How to receive paper letters
The system also shows the Trust if the letter remains unread. If this is the case we will automatically send you a paper letter if you don’t view your digital letter.
If you want to view your letter online and receive a paper letter by post you can request a paper letter.
- Log into your secure patient portal, going to the ‘Settings’ tab in the top right, and turn off the paperless option
- Reply PRINT to your text message notifying you that you have a new digital letter
Need to change or cancel your appointment?
You can now do this through our app. Instructions can be found here: https://www.dbth.nhs.uk/changing-or-cancelling-your-appointments/
Content out of date? Information wrong or not clear enough? Report this page.