The Learning Disabilities team aims to:
- Increase awareness of the needs of patients with learning disabilities to the hospital staff.
- Offer guidance to patients, family or carers whilst they are in hospital.
- Facilitate patients coming in for planned care.
- Support the trust to deliver specific LD training to all staff, students and volunteers.
- Offer specialist support to clinical wards and areas.
- Visit patients with learning disabilities who come into hospital.
- Check if any ‘reasonable adjustments’ are needed.
- Collaborate with community services and hospital services.
- Support the use of accessible information.
- Provide Information Packs to patients, including Health Passports (see below).
- The Learning Disability Team will provide support and advice to the Learning Disability
You can get in touch with us by telephone or email.
The learning disability team can be contacted via email: email@example.com
Evelyn Messom, Learning Disability Liaison Nurse
Based at Bassetlaw Hospital
Rebecca Knapton, (Beckie) Learning Disability Liaison Nurse
Based at Doncaster Royal Infirmary
Simon Brown, Trust Acute Learning Disability Lead
Divisional Director of Nursing
More about our Learning Disability Service
For more information about our learning disability service, please visit our dedicated page.
In this section you can access information and videos that will help those with a disability feel less anxious about coming to the hospital.
Content out of date? Information wrong or not clear enough? Report this page.