This year’s Annual Members Lecture will focus upon COVID-19, the pandemic and our response as a Trust. During the week, we will feature sessions with a range of health professionals from within our organisation, each speaking on a specific theme of topic.
Due to the restrictions imposed as a result of the pandemic, the Annual Members Lecture will be entirely virtual this year, and you can find the schedule as below. Links will be made available at the appropriate time to allow you to either watch or listen along.
- 11am, Monday 14 June: Preparing for the pandemic: We hear from our Chief Nurse and Deputy Chief Executive, David Purdue, and Chief Operating Officer, Rebecca Joyce, about our initial plans and preparations in March 2020 and how these played out as COVID-19 swept across the country. Watch the video, or listen to the audio.
- 7pm, Monday 14 June: Focusing on Infection Control and Prevention: We hear from our Direct or Infection Prevention and Control, Dr Ken Agwuh, about the measures we took to try and minimise infection in hospital, as well as protect colleagues. Watch the video, or listen to the audio.
- 11am, Tuesday 15 June: Maintaining an operational response: We hear from three contributors, Dr Nick Mallaband, Jodie Roberts and Simon Brown as they describe the Trust’s day-to-day operational response and ensuring we kept on top of the pandemic locally. Watch the video, or listen to the audio.
- 7pm, Tuesday 15 June: A view from the Medical Director: We hear from Dr Tim Noble, Executive Medical Director, who reflects upon the Trust’s efforts and what we learned throughout the pandemic. Watch the video, or listen to the audio.
- 11am, Wednesday 16 June: Looking out for Team DBTH: We hear from Jayne Collingwood, Head of Leadership and Organisational Development, who discusses the health and wellbeing initiatives we undertake during this time. Watch the video, or listen to the audio.
- 7pm, Wednesday 16 June: Testing for COVID-19: We hear from Michael Leng, Biomedical Scientist and the Trust’s lead on creating COVID-19 diagnostic facilities. Watch the video, or listen to the audio.
- 11am, Thursday 17 June: End of Life Care and Bereavement: We hear from Lead Nurse for End of Life Care, Karen Lanaghan about the Trust’s approach to this aspect of care throughout the pandemic. Watch the video or listen to the audio.
- 7pm, Thursday 17 June: The DBTH COVID-19 vaccination programme: We hear from our vaccination leads as they describe the efforts that went into delivering more than 13,000 COVID-19 vaccine doses to colleagues. Watch the video or listen to the audio.
- 12pm, Wednesday 23 June: Q&A and thank you: Colleagues from the Trust will answer your questions which have been sent in following the lecture series. Watch the video or listen to the audio.
Our final lecture on Wednesday 23 June will be given to a question and answer session. To submit a question, please head to: https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/73Q5C6V
Where else can I see these lectures?
Note, we will also share these films on our Facebook, Twitter and YouTube pages meaning you can watch the lectures go out at the time of their publication, or later at a time that suits you. We will provide links when the videos are available and we will host audio-only podcasts for those that wish to follow the lecture series in this way.
If you have any questions that are not related to the themes within the lecture, you can speak with the Trust Board Office using the following details:
- By post: Trust Board Office, Doncaster Royal Infirmary, Armthorpe Road, Doncaster DN2 5LT
- By phone: 01302 644158 / 01302 642369
- By email: dbth.TrustBoardOffice@nhs.net