Each year we invite our members to a meeting, giving an update on the Trust’s performance and progress within the year. During the meeting we will cover:
- Our response to COVID-19
- Our overall operational activity
- Our highlights and challenges throughout the year
- Our financial performance
- An update on local, regional and national developments in health and social care
- An update from our Lead Governor
Speakers will include:
- Suzy Brain England OBE, Trust Chair
- Richard Parker OBE, Chief Executive
- Jon Sargeant, Director of Finance
- Hazel Brand, Lead Governor
- Along with other senior colleagues throughout the Trust.
At 6pm on Thursday 23 September you will be able to watch the event using a YouTube link which will be made available below.
There is a short Q&A section in the AMM – if you have a question, please submit it here and we will ensure it is answered.
- To view previous AMM minutes, please click here
- To view previous DBTH Annual Reports, please click here
This year’s Annual Members Lecture took place earlier this year (note, this is separate from the above Annual Members Meeting) and focused upon COVID-19, the pandemic and our response as a Trust. While some of this will touched on at the AMM in September, you can find out more about our response throughout the past 18 months to COVID-19.
- Preparing for the pandemic: We hear from our Chief Nurse and Deputy Chief Executive, David Purdue, and Chief Operating Officer, Rebecca Joyce, about our initial plans and preparations in March 2020 and how these played out as COVID-19 swept across the country.
- Focusing on Infection Control and Prevention: We hear from our Direct or Infection Prevention and Control, Dr Ken Agwuh, about the measures we took to try and minimise infection in hospital, as well as protect colleagues.
- Maintaining an operational response: We hear from three contributors, Dr Nick Mallaband, Jodie Roberts and Simon Brown as they describe the Trust’s day-to-day operational response and ensuring we kept on top of the pandemic locally.
- A view from the Medical Director: We hear from Dr Tim Noble, Executive Medical Director, who reflects upon the Trust’s efforts and what we learned throughout the pandemic.
- Looking out for Team DBTH: We hear from Jayne Collingwood, Head of Leadership and Organisational Development, who discusses the health and wellbeing initiatives we undertake during this time.
- Testing for COVID-19: We hear from Michael Leng, Biomedical Scientist and the Trust’s lead on creating COVID-19 diagnostic facilities.
- End of Life Care and Bereavement: We hear from Lead Nurse for End of Life Care, Karen Lanaghan about the Trust’s approach to this aspect of care throughout the pandemic.
- The DBTH COVID-19 vaccination programme: We hear from our vaccination leads as they describe the efforts that went into delivering more than 13,000 COVID-19 vaccine doses to colleagues.
- Managing our estate during the pandemic: In our final lecture of the week, we catch up with Dr Kirsty Edmondson Jones as she describes the challenges of managing the pandemic within our aging hospital sites, as well as reflecting upon the incredible efforts of colleagues.
By post: Trust Board Office, Doncaster Royal Infirmary, Armthorpe Road, Doncaster DN2 5LT
- By phone: 01302 644158 / 01302 642369
- By email: dbth.TrustBoardOffice@nhs.net
The video above can be watched with subtitles, as generated by Google’s Closed Captioning software. To enable this, when using your mouse to hover over, there’s an icon in the bottom right of the video which says CC. Click it and a red line will appear underneath and subtitles will show. Below is an image showing you were the icon can be found.