- Grade: Band 3 (£19,737 to £21,142)
- Hours: Full-time 37.5 hours
- Contract: Fixed-term 12 months
- Site: Doncaster Royal Infirmary
- Closing date: 20 July 2021
- Apply for this position here.
Based primarily at Doncaster Royal Infirmary, as Communications and Engagement Assistant you will form part of the Communications and Engagement Department, specifically undertaking projects within areas of internal and external communications.
Key tasks include the writing of press releases as well as content for social media and other communications channels.
This role is the perfect opportunity for a university student enrolled upon a ‘sandwich’ course or a recent graduate.
Main duties of the job
- Help in the creation and distribution of internal and external Trust messages and publications with a focus on writing press releases, feature stories and case studies.
- Assist in the monitoring and publication of content on the Trust’s social media accounts (Twitter and Facebook).
- Edit and administrate the Trust’s external and internal websites as necessary.
- Research and write award entries to celebrate good practice
- Arrange and attend photo opportunities and other media events and visits as required.
- Maintenance and content refreshment of staff and public notice boards, as well as ensuring Trust magazines are routinely replenished.
- Assist with grammar and punctuation checks of patient information leaflets and information as necessary.
- Assist with the answering of press queries, collecting data as needed and supporting the Senior Communications and Engagement Manager.
- Perform general administrative and reception duties for the department.
Working for our organisation
You will be based within the Communications and Engagement department at Doncaster Royal Infirmary.
This post works in collaboration with the wider departmental team, which includes Graphics and Medical Photography.
Good writing skills are essential, as is creativity and an ability to engage with fellow members of staff within the Trust.
You will need accuracy and the ability to work in a fast paced communication role with a strong desire to learn the process of internal and external marketing/ public relations, understanding the role media plays within a hospital Trust and championing staff involvement and engagement.
Detailed job description and main responsibilities
A wide and varied role requiring excellent writing and journalistic skills, you will create engaging, people based, content including case studies, feature articles and press releases, assist in social media work, help to develop internal and external communications as well as assist with general administrative tasks.
You will also work with specific teams and departments within the Trust as necessary to fulfil the remit of individual communications projects, supporting as required and developing a change of materials to suit their needs.
As a team responsible for the maintenance and enhancement of the organisation’s reputation, as the post holder you will also help to administrate our social media profiles and arrange and attend photo opportunities and other media events.
To understand the impact of this work, you will monitor local and national newspapers and websites, compiling stories relevant to the organisation into a weekly media update for the attention of the Trust’s Executive Team.
- GSCE English and Maths or equivalent.
- Enrolment within or completion of a relevant BA/BSc undergraduate degree.
- Experience using IT, as well as software such as Microsoft Word, Outlook and similar programmes.
- To be able to work effectively as part of a team and under own supervision using initiative
- The ability to plan, develop, organise and prioritise your work to meet deadlines and changes in priority
- Experience of journalistic roles.
- Ability to organise own time and workload
- Understanding of services within DBTH and what the team offers.
- Ability to work with a team with competing workloads and priorities.
- Effective administrative skills.
- Ability to work within a busy office environment dealing with telephone enquiries.