- Salary: IT Operations
- Contract: Eight months, fixed-term
- Hours: Full time – 37.5 hours per week
- Site: Doncaster Royal Infirmary
- Closing date: 15 August
- Apply here
As an IT Support Officer you will be responsible for supporting the IT Support Manager in ensuring that our service users’ needs are met through the delivery of high quality IT support and knowledge. You will provide technical support to end users and will not only need excellent technical skills but also highly developed communication skills and must be both empathic and resilient.
IT Support Officers contribute to the continuous improvement of the ICT Assurance Framework incorporating strategies, policies, standards, tools, operational processes and procedures in order to continuously improve the experience of our users and maximise their productivity and satisfaction.
Main duties of the job
An IT Support Officer will need specialist knowledge in a broad range of ICT Technologies, systems, services and standards as they are relevant to this role including :
- Support of hardware, firmware, software, applications, connectivity, services.
- Problem investigation and resolution
- Hardware and software asset management
- End-point imaging and software deployment tools and techniques
- Connectivity (wired/wireless/mobile)
- ICT standards and frameworks (ITIL)
- Information security management and cyber security
- IT Service and performance monitoring.
Working for our organisation
We believe that the best care to our patients and community is provided by a professional and motivated team, so we invest heavily in training and education. There will also be lots of opportunities to support your development and improve your skills.
At Doncaster & Bassetlaw Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust you’ll be rewarded by a team that’s proud to support its staff in all aspects of their lives. If you are up to the challenge, submit an application to become part of team DBTH.
It is our goal to give those who join Team DBTH the tools and opportunities in order to grow their career, so whether you spend just one year or fifty with us, it’s our pledge to help you Develop, Belong and Thrive, Here.
Detailed job description and main responsibilities
- Provide 1st & 2nd line technical support to end users on various technical issues and incidents in a timely manner.
- Duties will include supporting the day to day IT requirements of the Trust, working towards meeting Service Level Agreements (SLA) and resolving issues relating to hardware, software and peripherals and ensuring IT&T security standards are met.
- Moving around & across all Trust Sites you will be required to support multiple platforms including VDI desktops, PC’s, laptops, Printers, iPads, mobile devices and videoconferencing equipment.
- Install new equipment and upgrade software and applications.
- To minimise downtime by proving pro-active support and a rapid response when an incident arises.
- Be responsible for responding to, documenting and resolving service tickets in a timely manner according to SLA. Diagnose, evaluate and resolve complex problem situations, or when appropriate, escalate them to the IT Support & RA Manager.
- Implement new procedures when introduced.
- Develop checklists/instructions for typical problems and add them to the TRM (Technical Reference Manual).
- Correctly record and update all Asset information in ITSIM.
- Keep up to date with all Trust Policies, new technologies and working practices.
- Liaise with external company’s providing 3rd party support
- Cover the IT Service Desk when required.
- You will be required to work at all other Trust sites as required.
- You will be required to participate in the IT Support On-Call rota.
- Ability to work independently without direct supervision.
- Able to plan order of work independently and justify decisions made.
- The ability to work in a technical and logical manor as part of a team of individuals to solve problems.
- The ability to communicate technical information to non-technical staff.
- Confidence when working within clinical environments which have an associated level of pressure.
- Qualification in an IT related Subject or equivalent level of experience
- ITIL Qualification
- Windows 10 or Microsoft application support
- Knowledge of Windows Operating Systems at a technical fault / resolvement level.
- Knowledge of PC and mobile device setup and configuration
- Knowledge of end user device hardware
- Experience of working in an ICT Support environment.
- Experience of working within an NHS IT Department environment.