£17.6 million is being invested to develop a modern centre for urgent and emergency care services at Bassetlaw Hospital, creating an ‘Emergency Village’. This exciting new development offers an opportunity to locate the Children’s Assessment Unit and children’s Outpatient Department next to the Emergency Department to make best use of specialist nursing and medical staff within the hospital. This creates the option of enhancing children’s services within the footprint of the expansion.
By co-locating services, this development also provides the opportunity to secure a permanent overnight inpatient service for children and address the challenges which led to the temporary closure of the children’s inpatient service in January 2017 due to safety concerns.
We are therefore seeking views on what people think is important in the development of the Emergency Village and the options for the future of urgent and emergency children’s care.
The public consultation will be open until 28th February 2022.
How can I get involved?
Please use the links below to access information about the consultation:
Share your views:
- Completing the online questionnaire at https://bit.ly/bassetlawchildrensuecare
- Send your comments in writing by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Send your comments by post to FREEPOST RTEK-SATU-YXEC NHS Bassetlaw CCG, Retford Hospital, North Road, Retford, Notts. DN 22 7XF (no stamp required)
- Checking this page to see the latest information about the consultation and opportunities to get involved
If you have any questions, or need documents in other formats please contact us:
- By email email@example.com
- By telephone: 01777 590050