Be a friend of the Trust, Become a Member
We became a Foundation Trust in 2004, which granted the organisation more freedom to engage with our local community to shape the future of our services. Whilst the organisation is still required to comply with strict quality measures, your contributions will ensure that our services meet the needs of the population that we serve.
Membership is free, and open to anyone aged 16 and above. By becoming a member, you choose if and when you get involved.
As a member, you can:
- Elect Governors to represent you on the Council of Governors
- Help us shape our plans for the future through engagement and listening events
- Attend our popular Members’ events [link to Annual Members Lecture page]
- Receive regular information about what we are doing
- Stand for election to the Council of Governors
About our Members
Membership of Doncaster and Bassetlaw Teaching Hospitals is divided into constituencies. Each constituency votes for its representatives on the Council of Governors. The constituencies are:
- Bassetlaw (Bassetlaw District Council)
- Doncaster (Doncaster Metropolitan Borough Council)
- Rest of England and Wales (Any other electoral area in England and Wales with the exception of the above)
An individual who is employed by the Trust under a contract of employment is automatically enrolled as a staff member if:
- they are employed by the Trust under a contract of employment which has no fixed term or has a fixed term of at least 12 months
- they have been continuously employed by the Trust under a contract of employment for at least 12 month
Wish to opt out email firstname.lastname@example.org
Join 8,000 other Members in supporting your local hospital! Click here to complete the online form
Not sure if you are already a member? Email email@example.com to find out.
Your details will be held in accordance with the current Data Protection Act.
Whilst Members have the ability to influence the developments of the Trust, they do not get preferential treatment as patients – this is determined on clinical need.
We encourage as many people from our constituencies as possible to become members to fully reflect the diversity of our community in terms of its geography, as well as gender, ethnicity, health status and social economic groupings.
Content out of date? Information wrong or not clear enough? Report this page.