- Contract – Fixed-term: 20 months
- Hours – Full time – 37.5 hours per week
- Site – Doncaster Royal Infirmary
- Salary – £8,092 Pro Rata Per Annum
- Closing – 16/08/2022 23:59
- Apply here
An exciting opportunity has arisen within the Digital Transformation Directorate for a Business Administration Apprentice to work across all areas including Digital Operations, Information Services, Clinical Coding, Digital Programmes, Information Governance, and Business Management.
Full training for the role will be part of your induction to the service along with the Level 3 Business Administration apprenticeship and will include study time.
Main duties of the job
The role will include a mixture of administrative duties. You will assist with record keeping, attend meetings and take minutes, purchasing processes, supporting and opportunities to contribute to process changes, fault logging and tracking, FOI support, and administrative duties. You must have good knowledge of Microsoft Office Products plus excellent communication skills.
Working for our organisation
We believe that the best care to our patients and community is provided by a professional and motivated team, so we invest heavily in training and education. There will also be lots of opportunities to support your development and improve your skills.
At Doncaster & Bassetlaw Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust you’ll be rewarded by a team that’s proud to support its staff in all aspects of their lives. If you are up to the challenge, submit an application to become part of team DBTH.
It is our goal to give those who join Team DBTH the tools and opportunities in order to grow their career, so whether you spend just one year or fifty with us, it’s our pledge to help you Develop, Belong and Thrive, Here.
Detailed job description and main responsibilities
- Demonstrate the Trust’s agreed behaviours and values within the team
- Establish and maintain effective relationships with colleagues and other departments
- Ensure that processes are carried out in accordance with documented procedures, protocols and schedules and deadlines
- Provide general clerical and administrative support across a range of duties
- Resolve routine queries and enquiries from employees and managers
- Undertake data input on a range of IT systems
- Electronic diary management and arranging venues
- Assist colleagues in preparation for meetings and training
- Answer telephone enquiries, recording accurate messages accordingly
- Help maintain effective and efficient office systems
- Maintain confidentiality in all aspects of work
- Assist with the preparation of setting up training facilities, setting out rooms, equipment and materials as required
- Throughout the training period the post holder will be expected to complete all educational and training modules as required
- Undertake any other reasonable general/clerical duties commensurate with this role
- Experience using computer software packages
- Understanding of Data Protection and Confidentiality issues
- Experience using Microsoft O365 (inc. Excel, Word, Powerpoint, Outlook)
- Have had some work experience; paid, unpaid, voluntary, school work experience placement
- GCSE English and Maths (A* – C or 9 – 4 or equivalent)
- Experience of Team Working
- Commitment to undertake and complete learning activities, which form part of the role and apprenticeship qualifications
- Self-motivated with an ability to deliver work within agreed timescales
- Able to work independently, prioritising workload effectively
- Ability to work flexibly and adapt to new demands