- Contract – Permanent: Friday working essential
- Hours – Full time – 37.5 hours per week (Friday working is essential to this post)
- Site – Doncaster Royal Infirmary
- Salary – £22,549 – £24,882 Pro Rata Per Annum
- Closing – 20/01/2022 23:59
- Apply here
An excellent opportunity has arisen to work in the Surgery & Cancer Division as a Clinical Governance Co-ordinator. Supporting the Divisional and speciality Clinical Governance teams in relation to clinical governance and patient experience.
We are looking for an excellent communicator who is a forward thinking, positive and highly motivated individual who wishes to develop their skills supporting the Division to embed effective clinical governance processes across the whole Division. With a focus on being able to provide assurance to the Trust Board and National regulators as well as engaging staff at all levels in Clinical Governance.
You will be responsible and accountable for ensuring the Divisional and Speciality Clinical Governance and Senior Nursing teams are supported in the clinical governance processes, including accurate recording of meetings, timely development and circulation of agendas and supporting documents and following up of actions to provide closure and learning following incidents and complaints.
The coordinator will work closely with clinicians across a range of specialities supporting embedding of effective clinical governance processes, development and delivery of keys messages / learning to Divisional staff and act as a champion user of datix to support the clinical governance agenda.
Main duties of the job
Working within a multi speciality Division the post holder will be line managed by the Divisional Head of Nurseing and be accountable to the Divisional Clinical Givernance Lead and Head of Nursing. The post holder will be required to communicate with a diverse range of people across the Divisions, corporate services and external health care providers.
Working for our organisation
Doncaster and Bassetlaw Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust is one of Yorkshires leading acute trusts, serving a population of more than 444,000 across South Yorkshire, North Nottinghamshire and the surrounding areas. Hosting three main hospital sites and a number of additional services, the Trust is one of only six Teaching Hospitals in Yorkshire and trains 25% of all medical students in the region, in addition to 30% of all other healthcare professional students. A modern and forward-facing Trust employing over 6,600 members of staff, the hospital provides a full range of local hospital services across Doncaster Royal Infirmary in Doncaster, Bassetlaw Hospital in Worksop, Montagu Hospital in Mexborough. In February 2020, the Trust was rated Good by the Care Quality Commission, an accreditation which applies to the organisations four hospital sites. Follow us on Facebook, Twitter & Instagram: @DBHNHS @DBH_NHSFT @dbth_nh
- Recognised Diploma in legal/customer service qualification or equivalent
- Complex information gathering with a high level of accuracy
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office/ Experience of IT/Clinical systems
- Responsibility for maintaining accurate and confidential records
- Communication at all levels in a changing environment
- Knowledge of DATIX risk management database
- Experience of working in the NHS
- Knowledge of Duty of Candour, Serious Incident Framework.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills with a diverse range of professional groups
- Willingness and confidence to contribute to developmental changes within the department and wider organisation
- Experience of assisting patients/clients during incidental contacts/providing non-clinical advice.
- Plan and organise straightforward activities, some ongoing/complex activities, requiring formulation, adjustment.
- Collaborative working with the Divisions to arrange investigation meetings and information gathering and interviews
- Able to meet deadlines and be adaptable to an ever changing environment. Must be forward thinkers and organised.