Due to the increase in COVID-19 admissions, there are currently no visitors allowed for adult inpatients across the Trust’s sites, unless under extenuating circumstances. This change has coincided with an increased volume of calls into our services, with some, unfortunately, going unanswered as colleagues are busy delivering patient care and treatment.
To help keep families and patients connected, and alleviate any issues, we are asking local residents who have a loved one in hospital to nominate a spokesperson for the family (if applicable) and to try and limit calls to once per day. Please avoid ringing before 10:30 am as this is usually a busy time. Importantly, if the person you are trying to contact has a mobile device of their own, we encourage you to contact them directly.
Additionally, if you are unable to make contact with the ward directly, we have implemented the following at Doncaster Royal Infirmary (we are looking to implement the same on other sites shortly):
The Family Liaison Service
To help you keep in touch, we have created the Family Liaison Service who you will be able to contact to:
- Pass on letters to loved ones.
- Arrange video calls using an electronic device supplied to the patient if they don’t have a personal device.
- Deal with general enquiries but the service will not be able to answer any specific requests about the patient’s condition.
Email the Family Liaison Service on Dbth.email@example.com or call them on 01302 648 064.
Personal Property Exchange
You can bring items into the hospital for family staying on the wards via a drop-off service, but please try to restrict items to a small bag. We suggest you bring essentials such as:
- A toiletry bag, nightclothes, comfortable shoes or slippers, underwear, glasses, hearing aid, and a medication list.
- A communication device such as a mobile phone or a tablet (an iPad or similar) along with a charging cable.
- A contactless debit card if you wish to use the vending machines.
Please do not bring any valuable items such as jewelry or large amounts of cash. You can also arrange to collect their laundry items.
The drop-off service is located at the help desk in the main foyer of Doncaster Royal Infirmary (Gate 4 entrance, near to Costa Coffee) where items must be handed over directly to a member of staff.
Items can be dropped off or collected between 9am and 4pm Monday-Friday, please do not bring anything outside of these times.
To contact either service
Please use the contact details below for the Family Liaison Service and the Personal Property Exchange:
Email Dbth.firstname.lastname@example.org or call them on 01302 648 064
The service will be available Monday to Friday 9am-4pm, and your request will be dealt with as soon as possible.