Organisational information, locations and contacts, constitutional and legal governance, outlining how we fit into the NHS structure. Details of the Trust, organisational structures and key personnel Click here for Corporate Governance information.
Our NHS Foundation Trust was created in April 2004, and comprises of:
- Bassetlaw Hospital
- Doncaster Royal Infirmary
- Montagu Hospital.
The Trust also provides a range of services at Retford Hospital, Tickhill Road Hospital, and in the North Nottinghamshire and South Yorkshire communities.
The NHS is a very large part of the public sector, with over 600 NHS Trusts. A full list can be found at www.nhs.uk.
Doncaster and Bassetlaw Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust provides services for the geographical area of Doncaster MBC in South Yorkshire, and Bassetlaw in North Nottinghamshire (including surrounding towns and villages). A full list of our services can be found in our Publication Scheme.
GP lead groups are now in charge of NHS Budgets. Clinical Commissioning Groups (CCGs) will be responsible for £65 billion of the £95 billion NHS commissioning budget. They will plan and commission hospital, community health and mental health services on behalf of almost all of England’s population. The members of CCGs are GP practices meaning that all of England’s 8,000-plus GP practices will be involved in commissioning healthcare. Every CCG’s governing body will also include at least one hospital doctor, nurse and member of the public. Our local CCGs are:
Sources of information:
- NHS National Online – National information about the NHS and useful Internet links. Includes a Careers section and the NHS National Plan.
- NHS Direct Online – Health information on the Internet. Health Guides. Conditions and treatments. Monthly health features.
- Department of Health Online – An Internet site mainly for health and social care professionals, academics and other interested parties.
Other organisations we work with:
- Social Services, in Doncaster and Nottinghamshire
- Rotherham, Doncaster and South Humber NHS Foundation Trust
- Nottinghamshire Healthcare NHS Trust
- Prison Service
- Academic Partners
- Private Sector Providers
The Trust’s strategic direction reflects our commitment to high-quality clinical care and accountability, alongside financial prudence and effective non-clinical risk management. Our emphasis is to look at everything through our patients’ eyes, using skills, knowledge, and money wisely and as effectively as possible.
- Executive Directors and Non-executive Directors
- Freedom of Information
- Communications with the press and media releases
All press and media releases are freely available on the Trust’s website: www.dbth.nhs.uk/
Content out of date? Information wrong or not clear enough? Report this page.