Patient Portal for Adults Living with Diabetes
Click here to access the login page
About Our Service
We work alongside diabetes specialist nurses and diabetes consultants and see patients for one to one appointments, or as joint appointments with a diabetes specialist nurse or in education groups run for people with Type 1 Diabetes.
A key part of our role is the education and support of Health Professionals and others involved in giving dietary messages. We will often have student dietitians in our clinics.
Who can access the service?
- People who are newly diagnosed or have ongoing problems with Type 1 Diabetes control
- People with Type 2 diabetes, who have accessed structured education in the community, but need further individualised dietary advice
- Type 1 diabetes and sports
- People in transition service, moving from paediatric to young adult services.
- Women with diabetes planning for pregnancy, who are pregnant or have developed gestational diabetes.
- People with Type 1 or Type 2 diabetes who want to learn to carbohydrate count.
- People with Type 2 diabetes commencing insulin therapy
- People who have diabetes secondary to other condition such as pancreatitis
We offer structured diabetes self-management training for people with type 1 diabetes including the 5 day DAFNE course (separate referral to DAFNE admin required)
Please note if you have recently been diagnosed with Type 2 diabetes or are looking to reduce your risk of diabetes your doctor or practice nurse can refer to community group education, these are not run by secondary care services… see link in further information.
How to access our services
Your consultant, GP or Practice Nurse can refer you if you have a dietary problem that meets our referral criteria. We are not able to accept self-referrals from patients at the moment.
For more information:
Diabetes UK https://www.diabetes.org.uk/
British Dietetic Association https://www.bda.uk.com/resource/diabetes-type-2.html
Carbs and Cals https://www.carbsandcals.com/
DAFNE (Structured education for people with Type 1 diabetes)
British Heart Foundation https://www.bhf.org.uk/informationsupport/risk-factors/diabetes
For people who are newly diagnosed with Type 2 diabetes / want to access group structured education for Type 2 diabetes
Doncaster Clinical Commissioning Group, including link to Diabetes prevention programme
Low Calorie Diet Programme https://lowcaloriediet.reedwellbeing.com/
Content out of date? Information wrong or not clear enough? Report this page.