Literature Search Service
Staff requesting a literature search to be undertaken should visit or contact the library at either Bassetlaw or DRI to submit a request form. Alternatively, download and complete the form below and forward it to the Library & Learning Resource Centre at Bassetlaw or DRI.
Trust staff can see examples of some of our most recent search topics below:
– Haemophilus parainfluenzae – can it cause lung nodules?
– Single point of access to community healthcare
– Severe gastric distention with ischaemia in Prader Willi syndrome
– Incidence of humerus fracture and displaced clavicle in normal vs difficult births
– Anteriolateral access to hip during surgery
– Cemented versus uncemented stems
– Molecular basis of pulmonary artery hypertension
– Molecular basis of Von Willebrand factor
– Do spreader grafts work?
– Evidence base for Tier 3 Weight Management Services
– Best practice in treating pyrexia in adults
– Ethical dilemmas around treatment of necrotising pancreatitis
– Assessment of paediatric pain
– Mental health act section 3 detainments applied by general hospitals and mental health trusts
– Evidence base to support bariatric surgery from public health perspective
– Percentage of patients presenting with splenic haematoma in blunt abdominal trauma
– Migraine as initial presentation of MS
– Art therapy and learning disabilities
You can read about the impact of our Literature Search Service against the Trust objectives in our report below:
– Literature Search Impact Report 2017/18
We will undertake a search on any subject you are researching or developing. Our service standard is to deliver the results of the search to you within 10 working days, or by an agreed mutual date.
Literature Search Service Delivery Standard
We provide a variety of e-resource training sessions to suit your needs. We offer both 1:1 sessions and group sessions covering a range of resources and skills. Our most popular sessions are:
– Literature Searching – Click Here for more details
– Getting the most out of e-Resources – Find out how to most effectively use resources like Dynamed Plus, Anatomy TV, NICE Evidence, TRiPdatabase, BMJ Best Practice, eBNF & a range of other high quality resources.
For further information about our Literature Search Service or e-Resource Training please contact:
Tel: 01909 572950 or BAS ext.572950
Knowledge & Information Skills Officer
Tel: 01302 642892 or DRI ext.642892
Critical Appraisal Training
Our Clinical/Outreach Librarian also offers Critical Appraisal training – these are group sessions and can either be arranged specifically for a department or team, or look out for the advertised general critical appraisal training sessions.
Support is offered for existing journal clubs, or to help get one established in your department. This can range from literature searched for paper selection, refresher training on critical appraisal of quantitative research, checklists for critically appraising different types of research papers or supporting presenters with templates and advice.
Current Awareness Bulletins & TOCs (Table of Contents) Alerts
Visit our current awareness services page for details of our regular topic bulletins and how to sign up.
Bespoke Current Awareness bulletins and TOCs alerts for individual departments and specialities can be set up as required. Contact the Clinical/Outreach Librarian in the first instance to discuss your requirements.
For further information about Critical Appraisal training, Journal Club Support or bespoke Current Awareness services please contact:
Sarah Gardner, Clinical/Outreach Librarian
Tel: 01909 572950 or BAS ext.572950
Daily Health Bulletin
Produced daily for the NHS in England by NHS Yorkshire and Humber Commissioning Support Unit for distribution by NHS Knowledge & Library Services, this short bulletin in an e-mail can be e-mailed to you direct.
If you would like to subscribe to this bulletin please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org using ‘Request daily Bulletin’ in the subject box. If you would like to see a sample copy this can also be arranged.
Knowledge & Information Portal: http://www.netvibes.com/dbhlibrary
(There are currently problems viewing this site in older versions of Internet explorer. We recommend that you use Google Chrome to view this site on the Trust network)
Access our Knowledge & Information Portal to find relevant information as soon as it is released. Each page contains links to key professional websites, key documents, blogs and newsfeeds and the latest books and journals to support practice.
Note that this site is constantly being updated – please keep checking for new content. If you would like to be involved for your speciality please get in touch.
The Knowledge & Library Service maintains a Publications Register of published articles, books and chapters written by Trust staff.
You can access the Publications Register by going to http://dab.nhslibraries.com
Enter the catalogue and from the main search page follow the Publications Register link in the news section. From here you can access a searchable database of publications – options include searching by author or by Care Group/Corporate Directorate.
The entries are being updated monthly – if you have published something we may have missed please e-mail the details to email@example.com so that it can be followed up. Alternatively, complete the form below relevant to your Trust and e-mail it firstname.lastname@example.org :
In addition, items that are indexed in publications that appear in Medline or PubMed appear as an RSS feed on our Knowledge & Information portal as they are made available.
Content out of date? Information wrong or not clear enough? Report this page.